CCOVID-19 Update August 2020
AAs the government continues to slowly ease some restrictions, we endeavour to safely maintain our lesson timetable. Our normal riding school structure remains significantly altered to ensure the safety of all employees, livery clients and visiting customers and also to adhere to the government guidelines.
Pease read this carefully, we are doing all we can to make the road back to normality as safe as possible for everyone.
- Lessons will be available from 9.00am until early evening every day of the week.
- We will be running our lessons later on Tuesday and Thursday evenings only.
- Bookings can only be made by calling our office on 01472 859341 between 9am and 5pm. If there is no answer please leave a message and we will call back and confirm the lesson.
- All lessons will remain for the duration of 45 minutes only. This is to ensure we have time to disinfect tack and equipment between each rider. Please see our website for full details of price structure.
- he pricing structure for our 45 minute classes is detailed on our Lessons Price List.T
- Our group lessons remain in line with current government guidelines these can include a maximum of 5 riders from different households plus the Instructress. Please be aware that this limit cannot be exceeded.
- The Group lessons continue to be held on a Saturday and Sunday at 11am:
- Saturday Group Lesson: Beginners only with a maximum of 5 riders. Parents must lead their own child if needed.
- Sunday Group Lesson: Walk/Trot/Canter with a maximum of 5 riders.
- If a child requires a leader in any lesson then the adult accompanying them to the site will be required to do this.
- Payments are by using card only before the lesson starts. Cash transactions are to be avoided where possible.
- There will be a limited amount of lessons available so please give as much notice as possible if you are unable to attend. A charge of 50% of the lesson cost will be incurred if you cancel within 24 hours of your lesson.
- Social distancing is paramount; we are only able to operate if the 1-metre rule is strictly adhered to whilst on-site.
- On entering the site, only the outside walk ways can be used. Entry through the stable block is strictly prohibited.
- Please limit the time waiting for the lesson to start. If you arrive early please stay in your car. Lessons will start promptly as usual.
- All tack that comes into contact with staff and clients will be disinfected before and after each lesson.
- All visitors must wear gloves and take personal measures to protect themselves e.g. avoid touching their face or any other surface at the site.
- Face coverings will be at the discretion on the individual whilst riding but is advised whilst on-site.
- Handwashing facilities are available on-site and should be used frequently.
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow numerous family members to spectate. Ideally the rider may only be accompanied by one parent/adult.
- Helpers will be not be allowed on-site unless they are attending a lesson as all associated teaching clubs will not be running until further notice.
Liveries at CEC
- The procedures we have placed on the yard will be continued but a slight increase in capacity is offered. We will now be able to accommodate a maximum of 3 liveries in any 2 hours slot. This will still need to be booked in advance as before. Livery clients wanting lessons also need to book using the same system to avoid contact and confusion. Arena space will be available as usual for our livery clients but no external instructresses will be allowed on-site.
- We do not feel we can reintroduce this scheme at present, in view of the limitations we are trying to work within. We would be pleased to arrange lessons for you using the booking system.
- The Forge Café will remain closed until further notice, in line with government restrictions. Vending machines offering a range of snacks, hot and cold drinks are on-site and are available throughout the day.
We will continue to monitor our procedures for the foreseeable future and make any adjustments if necessary. We remain committed to operating safely within the current guidelines.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding. Stay Alert, Control the Virus, Save Lives
Caistor Equestrian Centre is a beautiful purpose built establishment sitting in grounds of over 30 acres in the North Lincolnshire Wolds. We specialise in all aspects of riding, competitions, training and horse care, with safe hacking, and a quality livery service.
Our riding school horses and ponies have been selected to accommodate a wide range of riders and abilities from beginner to the more accomplished riders, including those with special needs.
The extensive facilities include international sized indoor and outdoor arenas which host the majority of our events. This is complemented by our cross country courses ranging from 30cm to 1.05m, which include water complexes, banks, ditches and the extensive Lincolnshire Wolds’ countryside hacks.
We offer a full range of livery options to suit most owners including 32 top of the range American Barn style stabling with year round, post and rail fenced grass turnout. Schooling is also available by our staff members who compete at affiliated level.