Customer Notice - Coronavirus - 18/05/2020
Stage 1 for reopening.
From today, Monday 18th May, we will be taking bookings for riding lessons starting from Saturday 23rd May. Please be aware our normal riding school structure had been significantly adapted to ensure the safety of all employees, livery clients and visiting customers and also to adhere to the government restrictions.
Please read this carefully, we are doing all we can to make the road back to normality as safe as possible for everyone.
- Lessons will only be held between the hours of 9.00am and 4.00pm every day of the week.
- Bookings can only be done by calling our office on 01472 859341 between 11.00am and 3.00pm. If there is no answer please leave a message and we will call back and confirm the lesson.
- Initially there will be only one instructress working each day, this will increase if current measures ease and we can do so safely. Please be aware your normal instructress may not be available.
- Lessons will be private and for the duration of ¾ hour only at the cost of £31.00.
- Shared ¾ hour lessons can be held but only with one other person from the same household at the cost of £24.00 per person.
- We will not be able to accommodate block bookings for the time being.
- If the weather is fine then all lessons will take place in the outdoor arena. If raining lessons will be in the indoor arena.
- Riders will need to be able to mount, adjust girths and stirrups independently to avoid staff contact. If required this can be taught from the 2-metre distance.
- If a child requires a leader then the adult accompanying them to the site will be required to do this.
- Payments are by using card only before the lesson starts. Cash transactions are to be avoided where possible.
- There will be a limited amount of lessons available so please give as much notice as possible if you are unable to attend. A charge of 50% of the lesson cost will be incurred if you cancel within 24 hours of your lesson.
- Social distancing is paramount; we are only prepared to re-open to the public if the 2-metre rule is strictly adhered to whilst on-site.
- On entering the site, only the outside walk ways can be used. Entry through the stable block is strictly prohibited.
- Please limit the time waiting for the lesson to start, if you arrive early please stay in your car. Lessons will start promptly as usual.
- All tack that comes into contact with staff and clients will be disinfected before and after each lesson.
- Clients must wear gloves and take personal measures to protect themselves e.g. avoid touching their face or any other surface at the site.
- Face coverings will be at the discretion on the individual whilst riding but is advised whilst on-site.
- Handwashing facilities are available on-site and should be used frequently.
- Only one parent/adult may accompany the child that is riding. Unfortunately we cannot allow numerous family members to spectate.
- Helpers will not be allowed on-site unless they are attending a lesson as all associated teaching clubs will not be running until further notice.
Liveries at CEC
- The procedures we have placed on the yard will be continued as they are until further notice. Livery clients wanting lessons also need to book using the same system to avoid contact and confusion. Arena space will be available as usual for our livery clients but no external instructresses will be allowed on-site.
- We do not feel we can reintroduce this scheme at present, in view of the limitations we are trying to work within. We would be pleased to arrange lessons for you using the booking system.
- The Forge Café will remain closed until further notice, in line with government restrictions. Vending machines offering a range of snacks, hot and cold drinks are on-site and are available throughout the day.
This is the first phase of our gradual reopening to the public. We will continue to monitor procedures during the next few weeks and small adjustments may need to be made but these are our key guidelines. We are confident we will be able to accommodate everyone as restrictions are eased and will continue to work safely towards that goal within the current restraints.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Stay Alert, Control the Virus, Save Lives
Caistor Equestrian Centre is a beautiful purpose built establishment sitting in grounds of over 30 acres in the North Lincolnshire Wolds. We specialise in all aspects of riding, competitions, training and horse care, with safe hacking, and a quality livery service.
Our riding school horses and ponies have been selected to accommodate a wide range of riders and abilities from beginner to the more accomplished riders, including those with special needs.
The extensive facilities include international sized indoor and outdoor arenas which host the majority of our events. This is complemented by our cross country courses ranging from 30cm to 1.05m, which include water complexes, banks, ditches and the extensive Lincolnshire Wolds’ countryside hacks.
We offer a full range of livery options to suit most owners including 32 top of the range American Barn style stabling with year round, post and rail fenced grass turnout. Schooling is also available by our staff members who compete at affiliated level.